The Student Emergency Fund has been a critical source of assistance for students who are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to the economic stress their families face, many students have also lost their jobs in areas that are hard-hit by the pandemic: retail, restaurants, bars and coffee shops.
Donors have made more than 730 gifts totaling more than $125,000 to the fund, which was established to directly benefit Western Washington University students and provide relief for challenges such as:
- Housing and food insecurity
- Travel expenses related to returning home
- Technology needs to ensure students can access virtual learning
- Scholarship support for tuition and fees
- Other unforeseen financial challenges
We are profoundly thankful for your help in protecting and supporting the educational and financial needs of our students. To support this fund and learn more, please visit www.vikingfunder.com/sef20.